TASK: Provide basic level
instruction in proper radio-telephone
operating (RTO) procedures.
CONDITION: Given conference style instruction
in a classroom environment.
STANDARD: Soldiers better prepared to transmit
and receive messages on unit radios.
- Say again.
- Say again all after.
- Say again all before.
- Say again to .
- Say again word after.
- Say again word before.
I say again….
Download: Communication Terms
- STAY AWAKE!
- TURN OFF CELL PHONES
- NO TOBACCO USE
- DIRECT QUESTIONS TO INSTRUCTOR
- USE LATRINE ONLY DURING BREAKS
- DO NOT WRITE ON THE TRAINING AIDES!
Download: Voice Communications
Task: Perform Voice Communications #113-571-1022
1. One operational radio set for each team, warmed up and set to the net frequency.
2. A call sign information card (5 x 8) consisting of: Net member duty position (E3E), net call sign, and a message to be transmitted.
3. Situation: The net is considered to be secure and authentication is not required.
4. FM 24-18. Note: This task may have as many net members as there is equipment available. Each net member must have a different suffix and message to transmit
Download: PERFORM VOICECOMMUNICATIONS
Operate SINCGARS Single-Channel (SC)
Conditions: Given an operational SINCGARS, distant station, TM 11-5820-890-10-8, TM 11-5820-890-10-3, TM 5820-890-10-2, DA Pam 738-750 and simple key loader.
Standards: The standards are met when a secure communications check is conducted in SC mode with a distant station.
Download: Operate SINCGARS Single-Channel (SC)
Multi-band Inter/Intra Team Radio (AN/PRC-148)
Navigate yourself though the MBITR functions.
Properly fill the 148-MBITR.
Properly hand jam frequencies.
Perform a proper radio check.
- FCTN (function) switch. Sets RT function; operating positions are: SQ ON, SQ OFF, RXMT, and REM. The FCTN switch has positions which are boxed-in. You must pull knob to turn to these positions. This guards against FCTN switch accidentally being moved to these positions. Pull knob to turn to OFF , STBY, Z-FH
- Off–Turns off all power to the RT, including HUB. Clears all memory after five seconds. Used when radio is taken completely out of action.
- TST (test)-Starts RT self-tests. Circuits tested include ECCM, data, and RT. Displays show results.
- SQ ON (squelch on)-Turns on RT and squelch. Used for communication with similar radios. Prevents rushing noise in handset or loudspeaker.
- SQ OFF (squelch off)-Turns on RT, but not squelch. Used with single channel (SC) communications with radios having different squelch systems. May be helpful when RT is being jammed during single channel operations.
- REM (remote)-Disables RT front panel controls. Used for CM and RCU operation.
- RXMT (retransmit)-Puts RT into retransmit mode. Used for retransmit operations.
- LD (load)-Used for loading SC frequencies, FH data, and COMSEC key data. Used to receive ERF.
Download: Introduction to SINCGARS
Task– Conduct training on the Cisco Call Manager (CCM) and Cisco 79 series VOIP phones.
CONDITIONS: Controlled office area environment.
STANDARDS: Personnel will learn how to enter phone info into CCM, enter settings into CCM, enter and change setting on Cisco VOIP phone, and navigate the Cisco 79 series VOIP phone.
Download: Successful entering of input into CISCO (NIPR)